Mallacoota Local Services
Mallacoota ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Mallacoota site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Mallacoota Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Mallacoota When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Mallacoota Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Mallacoota Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Mallacoota ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Mallacoota and a Place to Meet
The mallacoota.town Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Mallacoota
Mallacoota is a small town situated in Victoria, Australia, and it is located on the eastern coast of Gippsland. The town has an interesting history and a unique culture. Here are some interesting facts about Mallacoota that you might not know:
1. Explorers discovered Mallacoota in 1797 when Captain William Bligh happened upon it in his attempt to reach Timor in a small boat after he and his men were set adrift by the mutineers of HMS Bounty.
2. Mallacoota is surrounded by the Croajingolong National Park, which is a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve. This reserve is home to a diverse range of wildlife, including southern right whales, bandicoots, and potentilla.
3. The town is famous for its beautiful beaches, including the Bastion Point Beach, and the Secret Beach. The area is also popular for water sports like fishing, kayaking and surfing.
4. The Mallacoota Arts Council is a vibrant arts community that provides a haven for artists to experiment with their craft and create new work.
5. Mallacoota is home to two golf courses - the Lakes and the Shady Gully golf courses. These offer up the perfect opportunity for a round of golf in a stunningly beautiful setting.
6. During World War II, the area was used as a training ground for the Australian military, and as a lookout for enemy submarines.
7. Mallacoota has a vibrant fishing industry, with a range of species including Kingfish, Snapper, and Trout available for fishing enthusiasts to catch.
8. The town is a haven for birdwatchers, with over 200 species of birds making the area their home.
9. The town holds an annual festival called "Glorious August", which is a celebration of the town’s history, culture, and its connection to the sea.
10. Mallacoota has a population of just over 1,000 people, which makes it a small, friendly and tight-knit community with a strong sense of community spirit.